The Access Programs at the University of Puget Sound are designed to promote academic excellence and expand college opportunities for Tacoma Public Schools middle and high school students from traditionally underrepresented groups in higher education.
Access Programs are open to students in grades 7 through 12 enrolled in the Tacoma School District who are members of one or more of the following groups:
• first-generation college students
• minoritized groups underrepresented in higher education
• groups with socioeconomic statuses underrepresented in higher education
Access Programs include three types of programs
1. Access to College Initiatives: academic-year tutoring/mentoring/academic support and Access Club activities in Tacoma Public Schools middle and secondary schools and Tuesday Night Tutoring and College Access Days on the University of Puget Sound campus
2. Summer Academic Challenge: four-week tuition free STEAM based program at the University of Puget Sound campus
3. Access Cohort Program: provides financial, academic, and social support to Access Program students who enroll at the University of Puget Sound
Download the Access Programs Brochure
Information on everything Access Programs has to offer!
Like us on Facebook!
Access Programs is now on Facebook!
Visit us there, "like" our page and be the first find out all the latest news and events. See you there ~