Some items that you may want to consider bringing with you are:
- In response to COVID-19, we are also highly recommending that students bring the following: reusable face masks (7), thermometer, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and Tylenol. Please note: Puget Sound Facilities Services will be providing every student with 2 reusable cloth masks.
- Bed linens (extra-long twin-size for residence halls, standard twin-size for houses)
- A pillow
- A desk lamp (halogen lamps not permitted)
- A shower caddy for your bathroom supplies and shower shoes
- An umbrella or waterproof jacket
- Warm clothes
- Power strip extension with 6-foot cord
- Small throw rugs or an area rug (residence hall rooms are not carpeted)
- Command Strips or other non-damaging wall hanging supplies
- A few microwaveable dishes, coffee mugs, and glasses
- Extra storage such as stackable crates, bins, or under-bed storage
- An alarm clock
Laundry Basket and Detergent (no pods)
Protective Mattress Cover
You might consider bringing an Ethernet cable – all rooms are wired for Ethernet, and you’ll have much faster, more reliable internet service.
Please note: although students are allowed to have small appliances in their rooms (e.g., refrigerators, air popcorn poppers, and microwaves), the appliances must be of low wattage, have no open heating coils (toasters are not allowed), and be in good repair. The Resident Student Association offers micro/fridge and refrigerator rentals. A brochure regarding this rental program will be included in the summer housing mailing for new students.